Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Catching up feels like admitting nothing really happens

I have not written a blog entry in a long time.  Since my last post a lot of things happened.

Naps.  There were several naps within the past few months.  Not mine.  I hate napping  But I do love it when the child takes a nap:

Perfecting pizza recipes  - well, not perfecting but improving upon.  I want to believe my best pizza ever made hasn't happened yet:

Attendance to Hot Air Balloon Festivals on hot-ass days when storms kept the balloons from flying.  But don't worry, really bad face painting was available:

Slamming of fingers in car doors right before photo sessions:


Witnessing the Kansas City Wizards (now Sporting Kansas City - Gah!  Horrible new name!) play and win against Manchester United:


The point is:  We did a lot of fun stuff.  We participated in multiple activities.  We had several difficulties.  We dealt with things and had basements waterproofed and recovered from tonsillectomies, etc.  So much time has passed since my last post that nothing feels important enough to highlight.

It's like that when I catch up with friends on the phone or via facebook or email or whatever.  I am so excited to chat and then I struggle to remember what has happened.  Or events are retold with such lack of detail or enthusiasm that I feel like an idiot who doesn't think things that happened in my own life are interesting enough to remember then why they hell do I think they are interesting enough to tell someone else and THEN I sound like I have the most boringest life ever.  Or my stories sound like the previous sentence - completely unstructured

So, I've been un-bloggerly for a long time.  I hope to change that.  Mainly because I need a lot of material to embarrass my kid with when she's older.  And how will I do this if I don't have a history of postings regaling us all with tales of potty training, pooping, fingernails that fall off, attitude and pre-school pissiness, and other wonderful and woeful topics?  I hope there are people out there who read this blog.  The bloggers (that would be the They they all refer to) say to blog for yourself.  Write for yourself.  Well, that's just boring and not what I really want.  I would like to provide a chuckle or smile to those who want or need one.  I would like to receive feedback and comments from people (friends & kind strangers both) who stumble over here.

So, I'm going to try to blog more often for myself like they tell me to because if I do I have a better chance of achieving those smile-giving goals.  And maybe I'll become rich and famous, too.  'Cause that's really what I'm hoping for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will try to be more diligent in posting comments so you know that I am reading every single entry and loving every one of them! I totally love that you said "most boringest" and also "pissiness" ...those are GREAT words!

Miss you girl!
Andrea