Tuesday, August 04, 2009

2 Years later and we really need to change the name of this blog.


It has been so very long since the last post. In fact, I was still pregnant when I made the last one. That baby that was in my belly is now 2 years and 2 months old. Many things have happened, some amazing things and some crappy things. Let's just worry about the amazing things, shall we?

Amazing Thing #1. Hannah was born on May 23, 2007. My pregnancy and her birth allowed the only New Year's Resolution I've ever made and kept to occur. My 2006 New Year's Resolution was "Peein' on sticks in Oh-Six". Okay, maybe Bryan had something to do with it, too.

Amazing Thing #2. Bryan started a new job not long after Hannah was born. He has been an on-and-off contractor since that time. He's learned new skills, met new people, and is constantly making himself more and more employable - HURRAH! And best of all, he loves what he does.

Amazing Thing #3. Oh, screw it. There's so much that's happened in the past two years that it's impossible to categorically list them all.

On the Livestock front, we have upped the dog quotient. You know Angus, our delightfully smelly Basset Hound. He's lovely. He's smelly. You'd love him if you met him. Now introducing.....Buddy, the Yellow Lab. Yes, this means we now have a Buddy cat and a Buddy dog. However, the puppies and the kitties are not friends and do not co-exist on the same floor. It is just a known fact that when you're downstairs and say, "Buddy" you are referring to the dog and when you are upstairs and say, "Buddy" you are referring to our 20lb, cat food eating machine who does little but leave cat impressions on the beds.

Buddy (the dog) comes to us from my sister-in-law. She, her son, and her new husband will be moving to Connecticut sometime this fall when the new husband joins the Navy. In the meantime, they are fixing up and attempting to sell two homes. We are what you might call "Long-time foster owners" for Buddy until they can pick him up on their way east. Buddy is a sweet boy with one of the most subtle "I gotta pee" tells ever. He touches his nose to your arm which I've misinterpreted as, "Hi, I love you, please love me back" to my own detriment and paper towel usage.

See, if Buddy has to go and you don't let him out, he takes care of it in the house. He starts in the dining room and runs the track from dining room to living room to kitchen peeing all the while. It is a river of pee. If our house had currents, there would be an ebb and flow to this body of water. It takes approximately an entire roll of paper towel, 1/4 bottle of Mr. Clean, and about 30 minutes to clean this up. Silver lining? There can't possibly be, you say in disbelief. Ah, but I will always find one. Try me, it's a good time. Anyways, the silver lining here is that parts of my house are cleaner than they would have been otherwise.

To make things even more exciting, we have Kane Dog this week. I've mentioned him before. He is my other sister-in-law's Doberman. His nickname - Fluffy Princess. Kane is the one who taught Angus that those lumps in the cats' litter boxes are good eatin'! And last night, he taught Buddy that gem, too. As Bryan told me, "The Bad News is that the dogs got upstairs while you were at Target." I asked, "What did they do?" His reply, "Ready for the Good News?" I asked,"Good News?" Bryan informed me, "The dogs cleaned the litter boxes."

While we absolutely love Kane Kane, he absolutely loves his mama. For the first 72 hours he was with us, he was a pouty pansy. He wouldn't get off the couch. He wouldn't eat his food (which, if you knew Kane, you would know that this is serious indeed). He wouldn't play. He wouldn't allow Angus to groom his ears. Luckily, he's almost back to his rotten-hot dog-farting ways. His mama will be home in a couple of days and his world will again be complete.

While things are a bit muddier, smellier, furry-er, and poopier these days, we have more fun, more snuggles, and more doggie kisses (but not after a litter box incident) in our lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was beginning to wonder if you'd ever update this blog ever again...LOL...especially since you now have Facebook! I'm so very glad to see that you are, and love the pics!!!

And yes, I had to enter this comment as anonymous because I can't remember my stupid blogger password! LOL

Love ya! Andrea F